Friday, July 29, 2011

Get a fire going!

Get a fire going! This week I discovered how to say manflesh in spanish, that was kind of a big deal. And I've been saying it all the time. Me and my district have been having fun with it. And making fun of how the people in the computer program speak spanish. like robot zombies. Its hilarious.
Well, this week has been interesting. It's been a fine week, and I've had some really great experiences. It's been kind of a tough week, mostly because I've been sick the whole time. I thought I was getting better, but then the last couple days it started coming back even worse. So that's been tough. And i've been a little stressed, everyone says you can't be a good missionary unless you're a little stressed, but the stress and sick haven't been a good combo for me this week. I think i'm getting better though, and I've got an appointment tomorrow so hopefully it'll all clear up. It's been a mostly good week otherwise. Spanish is actually going really well, my teacher, hermano Gillon, is amazing. He's such a good teacher, he really brings the spirit into the lessons and teaches very well. My other teacher is great too, hermano clegg, he just got back from his mission 3 weeks ago, and his birthday was tuesday, so our district got him a present to help him get back on the dating scene. But spanish is great, hermano gillon says that we can already speak better than his other district who's been there a few weeks longer, and lots of people have told us our spanish is very good and they're amazed we've only been there two weeks. It's amazing to me too. I really love learning a language, it's really cool to talk spanish to people, and really cool, because a couple times this week I've been speaking and I haven't even been translating it in my head, just speaking straight spanish to spanish. That's been cool, learning the language is probably my favorite part here. besides Lewis Park of course. We had a great fireside sunday, Brother allan came in, and he's the guy who makes all those mormon messages. He showed us a ton of us, and they're super corny and cliche but I love them. Some of them brought tears to my eyes, they really do have some great messages. My district has had a couple testimony meetings, and it's been great too. I really love my district, we all get along really well, and it's great. Except Elders moss and boyd leave for the Peru MTC next week, so that will be sad. Oh also, I've seen tons of people I know. I think I forgot to mention it, but I saw TJ in my first 5 minutes I was at the MTC, and I see him all the time, except he left for Fresno yesterday. But if you look on his blog, i think its eldertjmelanson@blogspot.com, you will probably be able to see a picture or two of me on there in the near future, we took some before he left. But it's really fun how many people I recognize here from the ward and school, and every wednesday so far brings in more people I know. Also, my district thinks i'm the most popular person alive. I've gotten a package almost every day, and tuesday I got 5 letters and 3 packages! It was great. And for the record, KT and Amy are now my most favorite siblings. They have both sent me packages, and they were great! So awesome. And Brent is my least favorite cause he ate all the candy that was supposed to be in one of my packages. Also, I showed my district the toothpick trick, and they are all amazed. they can't figure it out. Also, I think I forgot to tell/show you guys this, but while I was at college I learned to tear an apple in half with my bare hands. So I did that too, and that impressed them. But I can't think of too much else to tell you guys, it's been an interesting week. But thanks so much for all your letters and packages, it's made my week so much better, I can't say how grateful I am for them. also, we committed one of our progressing investigators to baptism, that was cool. everything is going pretty well, and I wish I had more time, but I can't wait to hear from you guys and I can't wait to write again!
borsh-Hey buddy! I'm glad you're taking good care of Kola for me. and I've stayed away from g'bees don't worry. But you'll never guess what I learned this week. One of the guys in my district, know the Kid history guys! they're in his stake, and we spent a solid 10 minutes quoting them and laughing. Also, "we keeping them safe!"
Yam-thanks so much for my package! those cookies were so delicious. And the M&M's had a rough journey, but they were still delicious! That package made my day. I sure love you! And say hi to Cary for me!
B-I'm sorry to hear about the slim pickin's, but I'm excited for you to be back out here so you can send me tons of stuff. That will be great. I'm very impressed to hear you've still been running, i've been doing basketball myself. Thanks for your great letters B, and and I'm picturing you making your Area 51 noise right now
Matt- Thanks for the letters! your letters about mops text made me LOL in the bathroom while I was reading. And then LQTM after. It was hilarious. tell Lauren I say hi, and can't wait to hear from you!
KT-YOur bread was so delicious. It wasn't even stale, and the butter was squished but it was still delicious. Me and my district ate both loaves the first day we got it. Thanks so much! I can't wait to see the cutie outfits, and hope your sunburn gets better! and tell Todd to eat all the cheery (thats what he said when he wrote me) pie he can handle.
Mops and pops-I love! but I'm running out of time, I hope you're all goijng great. Also i'm running out of Nyquil, and I'm actually not sure if I can buy it at the bookstore. I love you guys, and I can't wait to hear from you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment