Thursday, July 21, 2011

Donde es Waldo?

Hello Familia! You're letters and emails this week have been amazing, having such a wonderful and loving and supportive family behind me really makes an incredible difference in my effectiveness here. And I really appreciate it. The letters and emails have been making me LQTM, ROFL, and LOL. Which earns me a lot of strange looks in the laundry. But it's really been a great week since I last emailed you. I have some great things to tell you. First of all, I had an excellent embarrassing (not embarazado) moment in spanish. Me and elder Harper were practicing teaching, and apparently it's really easy to get Yo se (which means I know) and Yo soy (which means I am) mixed up. So I was trying to teach him the 1st lesson en Espanol, and i accidentally said yo soy padre celestial. So I accidentally said I was Heavenly Father. Luckily the law of Moses has been fulfilled, and we don't stone for blasphemy anymore. They just laughed a lot. Spanish and teaching is really coming along actually, I usually start of each day feeling completely brain-dead and pretty sure I've never actually been to church or spoken english, let alone spanish, and then usually by the end of the day I get a weird energy boost and I can speak spanish and teach very well. It's interesting. I'm usually pretty slow until at least 2, it takes me about 7 hours to wake up. Plus the MTC food isn't helping. I don't know what it is, but es no bueno. My stomach feels like the 4th of July everyday. And it makes my face and hair really greasy for some reason. Super weird. But it's good. Me and my companion were practicing teaching another companionship, and when we do that the person being taught pretends to be someone they know very well who they wish had the gospel. So we were teaching, and it started off good and pretty normal. And about halfway through, the Elder just starts crying and doesn't talk much, and we just keep on teaching as best we can. At the end I bore my testimony, and you could definitely feel the Spirit in the room there. After we finished, the elder said that about halfway through, he'd stopped thinking about his friend and started thinking about himself. He said he'd been struggling lately, and that he knew we;d been guided by the Spirit, and we'd said just what he needed to hear. That was really cool. I had no idea he was struggling, and I didn't even realize I was being led. It was pretty amazing, and very humbling. My teacher said most the time, we don't even realize we're being led by the Spirit, just like the Lamanites, who were baptized with fire, and they knew it not. That was probably the highlight of my week. The firesides and devotionals have also been great. They've said some really good things, we haven't had any of the 12 or anything yet, but they've still been good. And I've decided me and Elder Auna are gonna join the choir, so that'll be good. That's about all I've got to say, it's been a good week, and I am enjoying myself here, especially when I am able to forget about myself. That's the key there. It's fun though. I've learned so much, and when I look at it, it's amazing that I can bear my testimony, pray, ask questions, and teach most the 1st lesson in espanol, in only a week. It's pretty amazing actually, and I know I'm definitely not doing it all by myself. And, I would definitely prefer more Dear Elders and letters to emails, because I can read them when I want, and decide what I want to say, which gives me more time to write for you, cause I only have a half hour each week. Muchas Gracias!
Borsh-I hope everything is going great for you buddy! Are you getting ready for dances and high school and everything? Ask todd for some pickup lines, he'll help you out there. But i sure miss you buddy, and I hope you're taking great care of Kola for me!
Yam- As for personal letters, I'll leave that up to you and Mops discretion. Unless it's something very personal, or you don't want it up there, or I say not to, I'm just fine with posting the personal letters to the blog too. It's up to you. I haven't gotten your package yet, but I haven't checked the mail today, so it might be there. I love all your letters, and I can't wait for a blog post! and tell Care-bear i say hi!
B-finally. the answer. I've been waiting for that. No more turbans for us. Although I am slightly grossed out and confused by that, I'd rather not find out for myself. I do still use TALL here, although It hasn't been super effective for me yet, I'm not sure how best to use it. Although having the right headphones makes a world of difference. I hope that you have a girlfriend by now, I'm disappointed if there is anything less!
M@-- I had my first service assignment yesterday. It wasn't bathrooms, but it wasn't quite as good as the pillow room. We exchanged blankets for all the rooms, which was super boring until me and Elder Moss realized if you took a running start and launched yourself into the laundry bin, it was really fun and didn't hurt. We pile-drived those blankets like there was no tomorrow. I haven't read the BOM in the hall yet, I just got that letter last night, but I should definitely try it. Although there are always more people in the hall than my room so no se. thanks for the letters, and tell lauren i say hi!
KT- SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I'm gonna be an aunt! we we we so excited. I can't e'en b'lee dat. I'm so excited! I canot wait to get pictures and see all her and get cutesy letters from you. It's so cute i'm gonna die! also sometimes people at the MTC call me a nutball. Just because I eat the cereal with the fibers and chew it and chew it and chew it all day.
Todd-I love the pickup lines, keep them coming. I'm glad that you shared the love on your birthday and let everyone else get presents, just like a true hobbit. I hope you had second breakfast too. and elevenses.
Mops and POPs-my time is running out, so you got the short end, but I got a ton of free time so I'll do a snail mail for you. I love you guys, thanks for supporting me in everything and raising me up right! I love you all so much.
I'm sorry for those questions I didn't answer, the timer ticking done is stressing me out and I can't remember everything. I love you all, and I love hearing from you! Buenos noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment